تخط إلى المحتوى الرئيسي
Translation: Samar Yahya
Armenian cuisine is an old cuisine that includes a mix of flavours and aromas and a range of the world’s most famous and delicious dishes.
The Armenian cuisine is closely associated with oriental cuisine that uses diversity of spices, vegetables, fish, meat and fruits.
It has been greatly influenced by Syrian cuisine after the Armenian emigration to Syria during the Armenian genocide.
Here we selected the famous Armenian cherry kebab dish.
– 200 g lamb kebab meat
– 2 cups of black sour cherry juice
– 1/4 cup sugar
– 1/4 cup pine
– Loaf of Arabic bread (to serve)
– Chopped parsley for garnish
– A sprinkle of cinnamon
– Stoneless cherries for garnish
How to prepare:
1 – Place a pot on fire, pour the cherry juice, add sugar to and leave it to boil and thickens.
2. Mix the kebabs with pine and make balls of it. Grill in the oven or on coal. Pour the cherry juice over the kebabs, and leave to boil for 5 minutes on low heat.
3 – Serving: Cut the loaf of bread into triangles and arrange in the serving dish, pour kebabs with cherry juice, garnish with chopped parsley, roasted pine, sprinkles of cinnamon and some cherries.