By: Samar Yahya
Golden Milk or Turmeric Milk is known in old Indian traditional medicine for its healing properties and is now known in different countries and cultures in the entire world. Studies showed that Golden Milk has many health benefits.
Here we will take about how to make it and its benefits.
How to Make
– Warm up 2 cups of cow milk, almond milk or coconut milk.
– Mix 2 teaspoons of turmeric.
– One teaspoon of honey.
– A pinch of black pepper (to activate turmeric properties).
– 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon powder
– Small piece of grated fresh ginger
Benefits of Golden Milk:
* Rich in antioxidants that help in lowering risk of infections and diseases.
* Has strong anti-inflammatory properties that may reduce inflammation and joint pain.
* Helps reserve memory and prevent from Alzheimer and Parkinson’s disease.
* May Protect against heart diseases
* Cinnamon and ginger in the Golden Milk may lower blood sugar levels and improve insulin sensitivity.
* Studies indicate that cinnamon; ginger and turmeric may help in protecting against cancer.
* Would boost immunity since it has antibacterial, antifungal and antiviral properties.
* In addition, it is good to give bone strength and may improve digestion