Beans are a type of legume. It is a plant grows up to 80 cm high and has a stalk with corners of quasi-square, white flowers with black spots and the fruit contains seeds.
Bean sprouts have many health benefits and provide the body with many vital nutrients. They are low in calories compared to fast food, with a large number of important vitamins such as vitamin C and K, as well as fibers, antioxidants and proteins.
Health Benefits of Bean Sprouts
• Helps in weight loss and would be included in diets for effective results.
• Excellent source of protein.
• Since bean sprouts are free of sodium, it is good for the heart, reduces heart problems and blood pressure, which occurs mainly as a result of excess intake of sodium.
• Reduces cholesterol levels and protects against heart attacks.
• Increases enzymes secretions and regulates blood sugar.
• Helps in digestion, cleanse the digestive system and expel toxins from the body.