Cardamom, the famous spice with an intense, slightly sweet flavor is originated in India but spread worldwide today and used in both sweet and savory recipes.
It is well known in the Middle East region and the Arabian Peninsula where it is an essential ingredient for the delicious Arabic coffee. It is also used in many other recipes such as Kabsa and Ma’amoul.
The seeds, oils and extracts of cardamom are have been used in traditional medicine for centuries.
Health benefits of Cardamom:
* A study showed that cardamom would be helpful for people with high blood pressure due to its antioxidant properities.
* It might fight cancer and stop the growth of tumors.
* Cardamom is safe for most people and is widely available.
* It would protect against digestive issues and reduce the size of stomach ulcers.
* It is used to treat bad breath, as it might be able to kill mouth bacteria and prevent cavities.
* May lower blood sugar levels.
* Helps to decrease elevated liver enzymes, triglyceride and cholesterol levels.