By: Samar Yahya
Flax seeds have been known since ancient times. Due to its high nutrition, Flax seeds are one of the most popular ‘superfoods’.
* Flax seeds contain omega -3, which has anti-inflammatory elements.
* Flax seeds have antioxidant substances that help promote hormonal balance.
* High in Fiber, which improves digestion and may help with fat loss and can reduce sugar cravings.
* Flax seeds oil has higher concentration of healthy fats and that is why it is great for skin, nails, eyes and hair.
* Flax seeds are gluten free and people with gluten allergy can use it instead of grains and wheat.
* As part of a healthy diet, Flax seeds may help prevent certain types of cancer, including breast, prostate, ovarian and colon cancer.
* A study published in the ‘Journal of Nutrition’ showed that Flax seeds help in weight loss, as it is full of healthy fats and fibers that make one feel full for longer.
How to use Flax seeds
* Add 1–2 tablespoons of ground Flax Seeds to a morning smoothie and enjoy a healthy breakfast.
* For a healthy snack, mix a tablespoon of Flax seeds with yogurt and some honey.
* Bake ground Flax seeds into muffins, cookies and breads