Came originally from the Mediterranean region, it spread to the entire world. Olive oil that is the fat obtained from the fruit of the olive tree has diverse benefits for our health. It is also used in cosmetics, medicine, cooking, and soaps.
We will review the common types of Olive Oil and the benefits of Olive Oil on our health.
Common Olive Oil Types:
-Virgin Olive Oil – The most popular olive oil, it is a well-known cooking oil with low acid content.
-Extra Virgin Olive Oil – Made by cold pressing olive fruit, this oil is considered to be the best for our body.
Health Benefits of Olive Oil:
– It has the ability to control blood cholesterol levels and it helps build the good cholesterol (HDL) in our body.
– It has powerful antioxidants that may help to fight serious diseases.
-According to the Harvard School of Public Health, a diet that contains Olive Oil can help prevent against diabetes.
– It has anti-inflammatory properties, which help in reducing risk of some diseases.
– Using Olive Oil in cooking can help prevent breast cancer.
-It is also effective in strengthening bones.
-As per The American Chemical Society recommendations, using Olive Oil in our diet can prevent from Alzheimer.
-Olive oil is one of the anti-depressant foods
Olive Oil in Beauty:
-Olive oil is also beneficial for the hear health when used as a pre-shampoo treatment.
– It also improves nail health as nails can say a lot about our body and health.