تخط إلى المحتوى الرئيسي
Translation: Samar Yahya
Areeka is one of the traditional dishes in the Kingdom’s southern region, namely in Asir and Baha. It is one of the most fatty dishes, as it is rich in honey, ghee and dates.
– 3 cups flour
– A tsp salt
– 4 tbsp powdered milk
– 4 cups water
– A large cup of dates (where seeds are removed)
– 2 tbsp honey
– 2 tbsp ghee
– Dates to decorate the top
– Pre-heat the oven to 180c
– Add flour, water, milk and dates in the mixer bowl and knead for few minutes, until we get dough with medium consistency.
– Spray oven tray with a little vegetable oil, and spread the dough, cook in the oven for about 15 minutes or until well cooked.
– Remove the tray from the oven, cut the cooked dough into pieces, and leave it for few minutes until it becomes somehow dry.
– Distribute the cut dough to serving plates, add honey and ghee and decorated with dates.