Translation: Samar Yahya
Soup is always there on Ramadan table. Despite the multiple and different types of soup according to the nutrition’s habit of each region, its benefits remain the same; soup provides the body with fluids and vital nutrients.
Today, we chose Hijazi ‘Wheat Soup’ with Meat, one of the very well known soups in the Arabian Peninsula, specifically in Hijaz region, from there its name came. It is distinguished with its delicious taste and various flavors.
– 500-gr meat
– Crushed wheat
– ¼ cup of milk.
– Spices (cinnamon, cloves, cardamom and black pepper).
* Wash the meat well and cut it.
* Wash wheat and soak in a bowl.
* In a pot, heat ghee to melt then add meat, wheat and water, and leave to boil.
* Add salt, spices and milk and stir well.
* Leave on low heat until well cooked.
* – Serve hot